Health Information

  • Tiffany Padilla,
    • GES Phone - (719) 686-2043
    • CES Phone - (719) 686-2303
    • SES Phone - (719) 686-2404
    • MS Phone - (719) 686-2267
    • HS Phone - (719) 686-2022

Health Documents and Forms


The following forms are crucial for ensuring the well-being and safety of your child(ren) while they are in our care. Providing the necessary information enables us to better understand your child's needs and provide appropriate support.





Medication Administration

How Sick is Too Sick: When Children and Staff Should Stay Home from School



Colorado law requires all students attending Colorado schools and licensed child cares to be vaccinated against certain diseases unless a medical or non-medical exemption is filed.

For more information about vaccine requirements and resources please visit the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment's School Immunization Website.

The Colorado Department of Public Heath and Environment's Website also includes resources regarding exemptions from required immunizations.

Information for Parents/Guardians and Forms


If your child has a medical concern such as significant allergies, asthma, diabetes or seizures, etc., please call your school nurse. We want your child to be safe and healthy at school. Your school nurse will work with you to develop a health care plan for your child if needed and will inform staff of your child's needs.

If your child is diagnosed with a communicable disease, please call the office or your school nurse. Students who have symptoms of illness should not attend school. Such symptoms could include fever, frequent or productive cough, throat or ear pain, vomiting or diarrhea, or an undiagnosed rash. If antibiotics are prescribed for an illness, please wait 24 hours before sending your child to school.

Only basic first aid is administered at school. School secretaries and health aides provide this care in our elementary schools with school nurse training and consultation. Parents are always notified if a child sustains any significant injury at school so that the student can be observed closely at home. Staff will call 911 if a student presents with a potentially serious, life-threatening illness or injury.

Medications can be given at school if needed, following state guidelines and district policy. We encourage parents to give medication at home as much as possible. We must have written parental permission to give any medication at school. Additionally, we require physician written authorization to give medications at school, including all other over the counter medications (please note that Tylenol, Ibuprofen, Benadryl, Tums, and cough drops require parental permission only). All medication must be in original containers. Please refer to the Woodland Park School District Re-2 Student Medication form for medication administration at school.

If your child needs to self carry emergency medications, please contact your school nurse. The student needs to demonstrate appropriate maturity, knowledge, and responsibility to self administer emergency medication. A contract provided by the school nurse and signed by the student, parent, health care provider, and school nurse is required.

Administration of medical marijuana to qualifying students shall be in accordance with Board of Education Policy JLCDB.

Any time your child receives immunizations, please send a written copy of this information to the school office. Colorado law requires students who attend a public, private, or parochial kindergarten thru 12th grade school to be vaccinated against many of the diseases vaccines can prevent unless a certificate of exemption is filed.

There are two ways to exempt your child from the state immunization requirements if necessary. The CDPHE offers an online immunization education module which must be completed EVERY school year (after July 1), or you can submit a doctor’s authorization on the state form.

Vision and hearing screenings are done yearly for all students in preschool and grades K,1,2,3,5,7, and 9, as well as all new students to the district. Parents are notified if students display difficulty with screening tests. Parents may request vision and hearing screening for any student by contacting the school nurse or health aide. Parents may choose to opt their child out of vision and hearing screening by notifying the school nurse in writing at the beginning of the school year.

Listed below are miscellaneous Health Documents and Forms in Portable Document Format (PDF) that are available for download:


1. Please, always list allergies that your child experiences, as we aim to provide the best support for your child.

2. If your child experiences seasonal allergies, please have a medical provider's note describing the allergies and the symptoms.

3. Please remember to administer any and all appropriate allergy medications to your child before coming to school. The unaddressed allergy symptoms resembling those of COVID-19 complicate the school protocols and impact your child's school day.




Medication Administration Form

Health and Section 504

Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 (Section 504) is a Federal civil rights law that is designed to eliminate disability discrimination in programs and activities that receive Federal funds. Since all public school districts receive Federal funds, all public school districts must comply with Section 504.

When a student requires specific health services at school to stay safe and healthy, a Healthcare Plan or Action Plan may be written. Because of changes that broadened the coverage of Section 504, children with Healthcare Plans may qualify for disability protections under Section 504. Use this link to see the Notice of Procedural Safeguards for information about the legal protections provided by law under Section 504.

Students on Healthcare Plans will be periodically reviewed in order to identify whether additional supports or services are necessary.

Field Trip/Activity Medication Permit

If your child will need medication while on a field trip or other activity that will take place away from school, a parent or legal guardian and an appropriate medical provider must complete a field trip permission form as well as a student medication permit. You may download these forms by clicking the link below:

Field Trip / Extended Activity Permission Form and Student Medication Permit