Board Purpose Statement:
Woodland Park School District exists to establish a common foundation of knowledge that cultivates educated citizens who appreciate and contribute to this great American Republic as provided in the Declaration of Independence and the United States Constitution.
Through a rigorous culture of achievement and an ethical code of conduct, students will develop personal discipline, courage, and drive with a willingness to work respectfully with others and equipped to be successful members of a uniquely American society.
Board Core Beliefs:
We believe in…
- District philosophies that align with parental choice and build systems oriented to parental expectations and values, and acknowledge parents as the primary educators of their children
- Soliciting and collaborating with parents, staff, teachers, students, and community to inform our actions which value the merit of each unique student
- Offering a variety of programs that provide content-rich curriculum and extra-curricular activities
- Developing professional educators that engage and inspire students through positive ethical leadership
- Continuous improvements of our district programs, processes, and academic results
- The future success of our Community, State, and Nation depends on an educated citizen who understands the Constitutions of the United States and the State of Colorado