2023 BOARD OF EDUCATION ELECTION INFORMATION
The regular biennial school board director election is Tuesday, November 7, 2023.
Nominee Contact Information:
As per C.R.S. § 22-31-107 (2.5), the candidates are listed alphabetically by surname (signatures redacted) followed by the Director District they are running for. Click on name for contact information.
Barkley, Keegan (Candidate for Director District C - 4 year term)
Bates, Mick (Candidate for Director District A - 4 year term)
Bryant, Seth (Candidate for Director District A - 4 year term)
Illingworth, Dave (Candidate for Director District C - 4 year term)
Kimbrell, Cassie (Candidate for Director District D - 2 year term)
Knott, Mike (Candidate for Director District D - 2 year term)
- Candidate must be a Woodland Park School District Re-2 resident and a registered voter for at least twelve (12) consecutive months before the election. The person must be a resident of the director district in which he or she is a candidate.
- No person who has been convicted of a sexual offense against a child is eligible to serve on the school board.
- A person who desires to be a candidate for school director shall file a written notice of intention to be a candidate and a nomination petition with the district's Designated Election Official in accordance with the law.
August 9, 2023
- Call for nominations – First day for the designated election official to publish a call for nominations for the school director election. The call shall state which director offices will be voted upon in the election, where to obtain nomination petitions, the number of signatures required, and the deadline for submitting nomination petitions. [C.R.S. § 22-31-107(1.5)]
- Nomination petitions - First day, a candidate for the office of school district director may circulate a nomination petition. No petition shall be circulated prior to this date. [C.R.S.§§1-4-803(1)(b); 22-31-107(2)]
September 1, 2023
- Nomination petition due date - Last day for school director candidates to file a nomination petition with circulators’ notarized affidavit, a notarized acceptance of nomination, and written notice of intent to be a candidate. [C.R.S.§§1-4-803(2); 22-31-107(2)]
Completed petition(s) are due by 3:30 p.m. to the School Designated Election Official.
- Write-in candidates - Last day to file an affidavit of intent to run as a write-in candidate. [C.R.S.§§1-1-106(5); 1-4-1102(2)]
September 6, 2023
- Ballot Order Determination - Lot drawing will be held at 10:30 a.m. in the large conference room at the District Office located at 155 Panther Way to establish the arrangement of candidates' names on the ballot. [C.R.S. §1-5-406]
Kelley Havin, School Designated Election Official with questions or for additional information about the election process at 719-686-2012 or firstname.lastname@example.org.