Welcome to Woodland Park Early Childhood Center!
- WE RECOGNIZE the importance of play as the basis of all learning experiences for young children.
- WE RECOGNIZE the philosophy of “active learning”: Children learn by manipulating objects, exploring with all of their senses, and interacting with people and materials.
- WE BELIEVE in providing a positive learning environment where children are encouraged to actively engage in all aspects of play. They have the opportunity to learn and discover skills necessary for social interaction as well as developing positive self-esteem. All children learn at their level. Families are a critical component of the learning process. Preschool prepares for life. Our focus is on the child.
- WE STRIVE to meet the needs of individual children with concern for their interests, abilities, special talents, and developmental levels.
- WE ENCOURAGE each child’s creativity, curiosity, initiative, reasoning, and problem-solving abilities.
- WE SUPPORT each child’s ability to use language effectively to meet their needs and communicate with others. We also promote independence by concentrating on self-help skills.
- WE ESTABLISH realistic goals and expectations for each child’s developmental abilities, which will help them be successful. Our child-based curriculum will encourage a love for learning that will last a lifetime!
At the WPSD Early Childhood Center each child will develop learning behaviors, self regulation, independence, acceptance, perseverance, and intrinsic motivation.
Please click on the link below to view the handbook.